Friday 26 February 2021

 Sorry I haven't been posting lately but I am back and hope to continue being able to post. I finished the weekly challenge with Sandra Higgins using the Watercolor Christmas project kit from Stampin' Up. We were to make four Christmas cards using anything in the kit but not using the accompanying stamp set.


For my first card I used the red card base and a blue green watercolor card base cut in half. I stamped snowflakes using from a Christmas paper pumpkin kit, in red ink. I stamped the skiing bunny from Freezin' Fun stamp set by Stampin' Up in memento tuxedo black ink and colored it using shaded spruce, real red inks. I stamped the merry Christmas sentiment using versamark and heat embossed it with snow white embossing powder.

For my second card I used a green card base layered with wreath paper from my stash.  I then took a wreath from the kit  ( 3 3/8 x  3 1/2) and layered it on red glitter paper (3 7/8 x 4). and glued it all on top of the wreath paper. I then stamped the Merry Christmas sentiment from Stampin' Up's Snowmen Season stamp set and put it on a 1 x  4 1/8 glitter paper strip. I then finished it off with large and small gems from my stash.


The third card I used a white card base (4 x 5 1/2) and layered it with a green card base back from the kit. I layered that with a light green paper with trees on it. I punched 3 green foil trees using the tree punch from Stampin' Up. I glued 2 trees down and then propped the third in the middle of those with a Stampin' Up's punched moose on it. I placed the Merry Christmoose sentiment onto white cardstock (1 1/4 x 3/4) with green foil backing (1 1/2 x 1) and placed it in upper right corner. I then finished the card off with green gems.



 For the final card I used one of the red card bases from the kit and layered it with a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of holly paper (4 1/4 x 5 1/2). I then glued a 6 x 1/2 piece of red glitter paper across card front, with a 2 3/4 red glitter scalloped circle on top. I then stamped a 2 1/2 white scalloped circle with  Merry Christmas from Stampin; Up's Well Said stamp in shaded spruce and cherry cobbler inks. I then glued 2 holly leaves and the berries from the kit. I finished the card off by placing three clear rhinestones in the berries and one green/red gems on the card front.





No comments:

Post a Comment